Friday, August 28, 2015

months without my mac

Leave a Comment
 (unrelated pretty pic from my trip last summer)

Holy crap.

It's felt like forever since I opened up my laptop and was able to type up a blog, let alone do anything else on my mac. For the last month I've been battling problems with the Yosmite upgrade. Any of you have any problems with it? My biggest most annoying problem was the dreaded pinwheel of death.

It just kept spinning.

Even right now as I attempt to open the app store it's spinning, constantly spinning. At least now the app store opens before I couldn't even get it to do that. It's been a long month of painstaking work trying to get this puppy back in motion. I have dealt with my log in screen taking more than an hour to open up onto my user profile. I've seen the pin wheel spin for an entire day, not putting my compute into sleep, just spinning. Word wouldn't open, photoshop wouldn't open, the app store wouldn't open and if I could get a page of the internet to open it took nearly fourty five minutes.


---

I spoke to soon when I began to write this! but finally about a month and a half ago; after much stress and a ton of swearing, my mac finally works. There is nothing more annoying than doing an update from something you trust and it screws everything up.

So what was the problem?

Well I think when I preformed the original update my Mac missed part of the download, which slowed down my computers processing. I followed tons of peoples suggestion on how to fix the Yosemite update but nothing had worked. What ended up working for me was: One, I started up my Mac in safemode. It then finally my app store showed an update. Something I hadn't seen for nearly three months. When I clicked it the app store loaded and I was able to update to the newest version of Yosemite, which was something I hadn't been able to do in a long time. When my Mac started to update it did one update & then a second one, which is what made me think that part of the original download had been missing the first time.

Anyways now my baby is better. And there is soooo much relief that I wont have to go back to PC... just can't do it.

I can't wait to start blogging again!






0 comments:

Post a Comment